Promote your company or author brand at the 2012 Florida Writers Conference!
You’ve heard it a thousand times: find your agent, meet your publisher, and get the scoop on the industry at the Florida Writers Conference. But did you know that the conference also offers plenty of opportunities to promote your company or author brand?
First and foremost: if you’re a published author, sell your books through the Conference Bookstore! This is the only way you may sell your books at the conference, so take advantage of this service by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’d like to arrange a book signing, as well, contact email@example.com.
Next: promote yourself! You don’t have to be a mega-sponsor to promote your books before and during the conference. For a small investment, you can place an ad in the program, donate a door prize, or donate items for the goodie bags.
How about sponsoring luggage tags for the bags (with your logo on the back)? Or maybe you’d like to sponsor the award reception (you’d be a hero, and we’d hang a six-foot banner of your logo or book cover). We’re open to your ideas. And don’t forget, any of these things can be done individually or by groups.
This year on our website we’ll post a running tally of all sponsorships and donations. We’ll also feature the list in the summer edition of The Florida Writer and in the conference program.
Below are the names of sponsors and donors who’ve already have stepped up to the plate. The earlier you come on board, the more publicity you’ll receive.
Our Sponsors (so far…)
Peppertree Press, Platinum sponsor for five years, publishes FWA’s collection anthology
Online Binding, Platinum sponsor for two years, donating goodie bags and printing the conference program
Oxford Storage, Gold Sponsor, donates 10′ x 15′ climate-controlled storeroom for conference materials
DOOR PRIZE DONORS
- The Overlook Press: two autographed copies of R.J. Ellory’s book
- R.J. Ellory: a half hour consulting time with each book
- Chris Roerden: signed copy of Don’t Sabotage Your Submission
- Tim Dorsey: two autographed books
- Registration for the 2014 conference!
- Two certificates for entry in the 2013 Royal Palm Literary Awards competition
- Two certificates for free faculty interviews on Sunday, October 21
- An assortment of FWA “Fan Buckets” with useful surprises
GOODIE BAG DONORS
- Writers Relief
- A Twist of Karma
Useful conference links:
- Options Sheet: http://www.floridawriters.net/uploads/2012_Sponsor_Sheet_04072012.pdf
- Faculty list & bios: http://www.floridawriters.net/uploads/Faculty_List_04072012.pdf
- Workshop schedule: http://www.floridawriters.net/uploads/Choose_Your_Workshop_2012_04072012.pdf
- FAQs: http://www.floridawriters.net/uploads/2012_FAQs_04072012.pdf
- Registration form: http://www.floridawriters.net/uploads/Downloadable_Final_Registration_Form_2012_-_04102012.pdf
- Online registration: http://shop.floridawriters.net/category.sc;jsessionid=E5185EFA92B568A0B7E2392EE6E7A145.qscstrfrnt03?categoryId=29
What opportunities do you see at the conference to further your career? What additional opportunities would you like the conference committee to add in the future?