Join FWA’s Social Networking Site
Why join the FWA Network?
We’re all chatting it up on Facebook these days (and Twitter and Google+) But that’s the wide, wild, wooly web. The FWA Network is like your cozy neighborhood hangout. It’s our own little corner of the web you’re sure to find friends and good conversation. In the Network you can relax, be yourself, and share the ups and downs of the writing life in a safe, supportive environment.
There are many, many reasons to join the FWA Network, but here are the 10 best:
- It’s a benefit of FWA membership. There is no additional charge.
- It’s private and exclusive. Only members in good standing are allowed to participate or even view the site’s contents.
- It offers many features you can use to connect with other writers or express your creativity: personal pages, blogs, groups, discussion forums, events calendar, live chat, photo & video sharing, and more.
- You can experiment with the technology in a place where you’ll receive guidance. You can’t break anything! And much of what you learn to do within the Network will be applicable to other social media such as Facebook, Twitter, or blogs. Similarly, you can create and hone your online image while you’re among friends. It’s a great place to practice and ask for feedback.
- You can connect with others writers in your geographical location or writing in your genre, and you don’t have to leave your house or get out of your pajamas to do it.
- You can discuss writing and publishing with others who, unlike your family, never get tired of talking or hearing about it.
- You can share your successes and challenges with people who truly understand what it takes to be a writer.
- You can benefit from the advice of others, share your expertise, and make connections to support your writing career.
- You can share and learn about events, calls for submissions to magazines or contests or other news of interest to writers.
- And it’s fun! Join the conversation in the FWA Network, where everyone knows your name and we’re always glad you came! To sign in or sign up click here. I hope to see you there soon.
Mary Ann de Stefano is a writer, editor, and organizer of writing workshops with 30 years of experience in publishing and writing consulting. Besides working one-on-one with writers who are developing books, she builds websites and advises on e-marketing. Mary Ann does business at MAD about Words, named as a play on her initials and love for writing.