Changes and Pins…
Another week is upon us and I thought this would be a good time to touch on a couple of things. One, you may have noticed a couple of changes recently with the blog changeover. Content will be coming on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays with occasional reblogging posts I think will be helpful or as we get extra posts coming in ahead of special FWA events.
With that said, I thought today would be a good time to talk “pinning”. You know, that thing you do on Pintrest? For those who don’t know, this is a social media site that is image-based that has been gaining in popularity.
I know what you might be thinking now: “Another social network?” Yes, and here is why: Pintrest, as I mentioned, is gaining in popularity. Also, with the changes going on on Facebook, it’s a good idea to have other places to promote. Plus, it’s fun!
So how can you use pintrest to promote your work? Here are some of the ways I’ve used it:
1) Make a board for your books. You can pin the Amazon page for it, upload the cover image with a blurb, share your book trailers from Youtube, or do all of the above!
2) Make an inspiration board. This is mine, where I pin stuff related to my novella (songs I listened to while writing, articles related to topics that come up in the book, and some products that are similar to things used in the story). This allows you to promote your book while providing value to your followers.
3) A writing board. Whether you’ve been promoting on social media for a long time or are new to it, chances are you have a lot of followers who are also writers. By pinning articles related to editing, characterization, and other topics of interest to writers, you are providing them with valuable information that they will remember you for.
4) Pin favorite books and products. Not only will you be introducing people to quality products you enjoy, but you can also help books by your fellow authors in front of your audience.
5) Photos. Are you a photographer or artist as well? If so, people will enjoy seeing these and share, which can help increase your following.
I hope these tips helped. If you’re already on pintrest, what are some ways you use to promote your work? Do you have any questions about social media in general? If so, post below and I will do my best to get you the answers in a future post. Until next time!